Why Server Hosting Services Pricing Doesn’t Guarantee a Good Host
Server hosting services prices can be a limiting factor when it comes to choosing a server company. Not everyone has a corporate expense account where everything can be charged and filed as overhead cost. Fortunately, network servers have become more affordable and can be accessible to ordinary folk who want to have their own websites or blogs hosted.
This is also ideal for small businessmen who want the security and advantages of using a cheap cloud server hosting for back up or remote access to files and data.
Checking Server Hosting Services Pricing
In the last few years, there has been a steady rise in the number of companies offering services for web hosting server as well as cloud storage. Competition has become stiff that hosting providers have been forced to lower their prices and offer more benefits in their packages. However, it’s still important for clients to look at the packages closely and ascertain if they are getting a good deal and if the services offered meet expectations and requirements.
Consider these things:
- What type of server do you need? When comparing server hosting services pricing and offers, consider the type of server that you will be using. Hosting servers are depending on the operating system that you have, so make sure that you go with one that you are knowledgeable in, no matter how little.
- What features do you need? It will help a lot if you have a firm grasp of what you need and the extent that you will be using the server for. Are you going to use only one domain, or will you be hosting multiple websites? Server hosts do not offer the same services, but this is not the case. Some may be cheaper but actually offer less bandwidth and disk space. Now, if you are only going to use it for a single domain and it’s only for a blog, you may be able to get by on just the basic web hosting server package.
- Hosting up-time? Websites should be up and running in just a few hours. Server hosting companies normally give a 99% assurance on up-time but there are those who offer some sort of money back guarantee or bonus when they don’t live up to expectations.
- Technical support – Being able to reach your server or web host at any given time is a big factor when considering which one to choose. You can immediately see from their websites which ones offer live help or 24/ 7 tech support. This alone is worth paying a few extra dollars for.
- How do clients rate them? Looking at customer reviews certainly goes beyond server hosting services pricing. Reading what other customers have experienced and what kind of service they have received is vital to making a choice. When it comes to reviews, read the honest ones with rants and complaints. They are not trying to discredit the company, but will give you an idea of what can go wrong when you choose one company over the other.